Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pursuit of Excellence Program

Hello Ladies!

My name is Chelsie Moline and I am on the Relief Society Activity Comitee.  My specific calling is to let everyone know about the Pursuit of Excellence Program for the Relief Society.

Have you heard of it?

I hadn't before now, but I am glad I am learning about it now. It is so fun!  It is much like the Young Women's personal progress program, but for Relief Society!

If you would like a Pamphlet, I am sure the Relief Society Presidency can obtain one for you, that is where I got mine.

It looks like this.


In it are different areas where you can make and achieve goals.

On page three (I took a picture of it just for you) there is an example of "a simple approach to recording a goal and a plan to achieve it."


If you are like me, and you have rarely written down a goal before you set out to achieve it, I suggest you start here. It is where I will be starting.


The example given is this---

What to do
Read the Book of Mormon by ( enter date ) . marking and recording passages of special meaning to me.

How to do it
  1. Obtain an inexpensive copy of the Book of Mormon, colored pencils, and a notebook by ( date ).
  2. Develop a system of marking and recording key passages.
  3. Read and mark the Book of Mormon from 6:45 AM to 7:15 AM, Monday through Friday, beginning ( date ).
  4. Review the passages marked and record ideas and impressions each Sunday, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
  5. Evaluate progress towards completion of goal on the first Sunday each month.
  6. Record goal, progress, and completion in personal journal.
This is the example given, and I LOVE the way it set aside time on Sunday to REVIEW. It think this is SO good. I sometimes sit and wish for time to review what I have learned and written in my journal, so a time each Sunday to give myself permission to do this is just a wonderful idea.

So, there are 10 different areas specified in the pamphlet to improve upon. Very fun.


As I was pondering what advice I would give someone who wanted to embark on this goal setting program, I settled on this---


Find some time to sit and meditate about your desires.

What is it that you would like to do with yourself? Do you have any talents you would like to spend some time developing? Do you have certain interests you have always wished you had more time for? Is there something new you would like to learn to do or accomplish?


What do you WANT?

If you could face yourself a year from now, what would you like to see different?

If you do not find something you are genuinely interested in, it will likely be drudgery to keep your goals, and I don't believe that is why this program IS.

So for example.

I have a STRONG desire to be a gardener. I know very little about gardening. So I am going to WRITE DOWN my goal to be a gardener and produce edible-- something--- this year. EDIBLE SOMETHING.

And guess what? If this is a goal of yours as well, I happen to know that there are going to be some Relief Society activities over the next year that we can attend that will help us achieve this goal.

I have heard there will be a square foot gardening class soon. Then, there will be a canning class in the fall.

How cool is that? So if I KNOW that is something I want to learn about and do this year, I will write down how I will go about it, then I will do it.

And I will be so excited at the end of the year when I look at my little pamphlet and see how I have grown!

SO---
First step: get one of these little pamplets. Read the introduction, it is quite inspiring.

Second step: ponder and think about your DESIRES, PASSIONS, TALENTS, etc for a bit.

What do you WANT?

Third step: write down how you will attain your wants by using the guide on page three of the pamphlet.

Fourth: enjoy! 

Enjoy not only doing wonderful things, but acknowledging you have done so by checking off your goals.

I am excited to do this with everyone and also to have it be my job to make you more aware of this program.

It is really wonderful.

I would love for you to let me know if you are participating, you can email me at
ccmoline@hotmail.com

We can support and help one another as sisters.


Love to you,
Chelsie Moline