Wednesday, March 30, 2011
NEW CARSEAT GUIDELINES
Dear Sisters,
As many of you know, I am a Child Passenger Safety Technician. The big news in the car seat world is that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) made some changes to their guidelines (published online in the April 2011 issue of Pediatrics). Parents are now advised to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until they are at least 2 years old. The AAP also recommends that most children still need to ride in a belt positioning booster seat until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches in height and are between 8 and 12 years of age.
You may have heard about these changes and have questions or need help. I’m offering my help to anyone who would like it! Even if your child is in the correct type of seat for age/weight/height, 9 out of 10 seats are not installed properly and I can help there as well. Please feel free to call or email me with questions and I can help keep your family safe in the car.
Alicia Hoyt
479-795-0607
alicia@hoytfamily.org
As many of you know, I am a Child Passenger Safety Technician. The big news in the car seat world is that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) made some changes to their guidelines (published online in the April 2011 issue of Pediatrics). Parents are now advised to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until they are at least 2 years old. The AAP also recommends that most children still need to ride in a belt positioning booster seat until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches in height and are between 8 and 12 years of age.
You may have heard about these changes and have questions or need help. I’m offering my help to anyone who would like it! Even if your child is in the correct type of seat for age/weight/height, 9 out of 10 seats are not installed properly and I can help there as well. Please feel free to call or email me with questions and I can help keep your family safe in the car.
Alicia Hoyt
479-795-0607
alicia@hoytfamily.org
