Saturday, March 19, 2011

QUILTING CLASS

We had a great turnout at our meeting this month and I really enjoyed visiting with the sisters—especially those from the Branch that I don’t get to see anymore. But we had a conflict with the Branch while they were setting up for their quarterly meeting. So, we have decided to try it on a different day and we are going to add an evening session, as well. We will be having the quilting class on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 9-11 am and 7-9 pm at the church. That way, those that work or have too many things during the day will have a chance to come after their husbands get home if they want to.

The next class will be on Tuesday, April 26th at the times listed above. The block we will be working on is called the Spinning Four Patch. I have copied and pasted what the block looks like and the material list below. The sisters who attended decided to try to get it cut out before the class, so they can have more of a chance to sew and finish the block before they leave. If you are comfortable doing this, go ahead. If you have questions, or are afraid to try, I can help you with the cutting during class. I will have a copy of the full instructions for you at class.

Also, I have lots of scrap fabric if you want to use some just to see if you like making this block before you go buy anything. Just let me know, so I can bring something to class for you. I will bring my machine, rotary cutter and mat for anyone who would like to use them during class, as well.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to call me. 721-6196. Also, if you need the pattern from January or March, I have extras.

Love,
Jenn Copher


** Supplies List **


Color 1- Color 1 needs: two 3-7/8" x 7-3/4" strips AND one 7-1/4" square


Color 2- Color 2 needs: two 3-7/8" x 7-3/4" strips AND one 7-1/4" square
** Preparing the Pieces and Sewing the Block **